cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitty

Invalid ARGUMENT TYPE (Number). Expecting Text value instead while using a combo box

Ok I am trying to concat a combo box to a label. One of the object in my combo box is a number.

Text --> Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Object) --> Returns Invalid argument type (Number). Expecting a text value instead

so I tried 

Text --> Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Value(Object.Text)) --> Throws an error in the concat

Text --> Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Object.Value) --> Throws an error in the concat

Any ideas how to convert this field? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@hitty 

And what do you get with this formula:

Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Text(total))

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Use the following

Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Text(Object.Value))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@hitty 

What is the Items property of your combobox and what columns are in the records of the combobox?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

No luck on this, threw another error within the formula

The item property is the project_list and are you talking about the fields of the combo box? 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@hitty 

Yes, the columns in the project_list table...what are they and which ones are you trying to concat together?

The column is a number within a sharepoint list. The columns name is total where they input a number. 

Project_Search is the Combo Box and total is the column name

Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, total)

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@hitty 

And what do you get with this formula:

Concat(project_search.SelectedItems, Text(total))

View solution in original post

Would this be the same for a column that contains currency? 

Answered my own question. It does not work for currency, the column just shows up blank. Any idea on how to do the same thing for currency?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,898)