cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with 'datasource' - Linking item to Gallery screen

Hi,

Fairly new to power apps and am running into a common error.

My gallery screen is pulling directly from by report. Pretty basic table with no measures:

Ekalarikkal_0-1602954065020.png

I then added items from the same source data used in the report on a new screen using: "Gallery1.Selected" but get the error: ". The goal is to use the input screen to write-back to the data source and change the values in related columns:

Ekalarikkal_1-1602954190346.png

I have tried the solutions mentioned in the many other threads on this but none have worked so far. Any help would be very appreciated!

Best,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with 'datasource' - Linking item to Gallery screen

Hello,

Are you sure there is something in gallery 1.selected? Can you play the application and select a record to see if this error is still present? You can also test if there is something by adding a basic label and in the default value set Gallery1.Selected. 'Desination ID' .

What is the error message?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with 'datasource' - Linking item to Gallery screen

Hi @Ekalarikkal 

The data source for both your gallery and the form must be the same.

The data source for your edit form is 'Table1' and it appears that the data source for your gallery is 'Power BIIntegration'.Data (although I can't be completely sure because the property name is missing from your screenshot).

If you change the data source for your edit form from 'Table1' to match the data source of your gallery, that should fix the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,726)