cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashw
Frequent Visitor

Invalid argument type (Table), Expecting a Record value instead.

I'm designing an app that saves data to SharePoint lists.

I have 3 buttons, each performs the same basic action: Patch a SharePoint list with a Collection of new records.

Button1: Patch('Audit Site', colSites);

Button2: Patch('Audit Site Loc', colLocations);

Button3: Patch('Audit Site Loc Tag', colTags);

Button1 and Button2 look fine and work fine. But Button3 displays "Invalid argument type (Table), Expecting a Record value instead."

The screens I use to display and edit the records in each Collection work fine. 

I cannot figure out why Button3 shows this error when it's virtually identical to the other two. I've been working on this for HOURS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ashw
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out. The SharePoint list had a column called 'Discharge Size', but the data Screen and Collection had DischargeSize [no space]. Once I corrected that the error on Button3 went away.

Go figure.

Fortunately I've had nothing better to do for the last four hours than chase this cryptic -- and dare I say, erroneous -- error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ashw
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out. The SharePoint list had a column called 'Discharge Size', but the data Screen and Collection had DischargeSize [no space]. Once I corrected that the error on Button3 went away.

Go figure.

Fortunately I've had nothing better to do for the last four hours than chase this cryptic -- and dare I say, erroneous -- error.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for your follow up post! I am glad that you were able to get this figured out. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users who are having similar issues.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,227)