cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doanhthu
Regular Visitor

Invalid argument type (record). Expecting a text value instead.

I have built an approval flow embedded on my canvas app. OnSelect of Submit button, data from LastSubmit will be fed to email generated in Flow via Ask PowerApps function. However, it keeps telling me that "Invalid argument type (record). Expecting a text value instead" And I stuck at this error, cannot find any other topic discussed about this. I have tried either "form.lastsubmit.remarks.value" or "form.lastsubmit.remarks.text" but didn't work out..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @doanhthu 

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not convinced that it's the remarks field that is causing your problem.

More likely, I think it might be the receiver field that is causing the problem, particularly if it's a SharePoint choice column. This would explain why the error reports an invalid argument type of 'record'.

The diagnose this, I would replace formIDMSubmission.LastSumbit.Receiver with an empty string (eg, ""). Does the error go away? If not, I would repeat this process with the other argument values until the error disappears. This will help you identify for sure, the argument that is causing this error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @doanhthu 

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not convinced that it's the remarks field that is causing your problem.

More likely, I think it might be the receiver field that is causing the problem, particularly if it's a SharePoint choice column. This would explain why the error reports an invalid argument type of 'record'.

The diagnose this, I would replace formIDMSubmission.LastSumbit.Receiver with an empty string (eg, ""). Does the error go away? If not, I would repeat this process with the other argument values until the error disappears. This will help you identify for sure, the argument that is causing this error.

View solution in original post

doanhthu
Regular Visitor

I'm using remarks field as an example. However the method you recommended works really well. I'm able to troubleshoot the error part. 

In the choices field context as you mentioned, I would like to know how we could express correctly on the formula? Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (93,183)