cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Invalid argument type when comparing two text values

I have a button on a screen which has the following forumla in the OnSelect property.

UpdateContext({
    galVis:true, frmViewVis:false, 
    dsFiltered:Filter(ds, And(Not(Status.Value="Complete"), Assignee.Email=User().Email))
})

ApowerApps gives me an error on the equals sign between Assignee.Email and User().Email. It throws an error of "invalid argument type." I don't understand why it is throwing this error, because both of those values should be text. The Assignee field in the data source is a SharePoint list item of Person or Group type, limited to a single entry.

My goal is to filter the gallery on items that have a status of anything except "Complete" and where the Assignee email address matches the email address of the current user. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You might try First(Assignee).Email.  Just know that some SharePoint values per users are lists even if you specify that a single value exists.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You might try First(Assignee).Email.  Just know that some SharePoint values per users are lists even if you specify that a single value exists.

View solution in original post

Thank you. This took care of the error. Smiley Happy Now I have a new problem, but it's a different question about how the User() function works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,817)