cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

InvalidAuthorizationReference: a problem saving to PowerApps

I'm building a PowerApp for customer service in an environment which updates Cases, Phone Calls, and Contacts from another environment.

While developing the UI, occasionally my app will become unable to save with error "There was a problem saving to PowerApps" and with the following details: 

{"error":{"code":"InvalidAuthorizationReference","message":"The authorization reference '<null>' is invalid. The valid values are either in 'powerbi, formspro, microsoftstream' or crm instance urls"}}

Session ID: ....

2019-10-14 17_07_29-CRM Secretary - Call Notes - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

When this happens, my data sources from the other environment are also unable to refresh.

2019-10-14 17_11_00-CRM Secretary - Call Notes - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

Anyone have hints on how I can restore this "authorization reference"?

I've succesfully recovered from this by mucking about with my Data Sources, deleteing and re-adding, swapping and switching, etc. But I'd prefer a better way if one is out there.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: InvalidAuthorizationReference: a problem saving to PowerApps

Hi @degvalentine ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please consider re-create a new connection to the CDS in your another Environment from your app, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, then sign in your PowerApps again, re-create a new app based on your CDS Entity, then check if the issue still exists.

In addition, please make sure the Network in your side is in a good condition. The Network state would also affect the Authorization process of connection within a PowerApps app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

@v-xida-msft, are your suggestions intended to fix whatever is causing my "authentication reference" to change from something valid to "<null>" during run-time? Can you explain what the underlying cause is?

My current workaround is to [1] delete my CDS data sources, [2] change the CDS environment to something else then change back to the one I want, and then [3] re-add the CDS data sources. The process takes about 30 seconds.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I keep getting the same error message 

{"error":{"code":"InvalidAuthorizationReference","message":"The authorization reference '<null>' is invalid. The valid values are either in 'powerbi, formspro, microsoftstream' or crm instance urls"}}

I removed the connections and connector, re-created the connections and added the connectors for CDS (Current Environment and Other environment), remove the data sources and re-added and still getting the same error message, refresh the data source and getting data back, however when saving getting the error message.

I imported the app individually and imported from a solution (Unmanaged solution) and still getting the same message when saving.

This work around will NOT work on my environment, and also other trial environments. 

please share any other work around or if I will need to create a Microsoft support ticket for this issue.

abe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,756)