Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Station1901
Helper III
Helper III

Invocation of unknown or unsupported function

Hello,

I have created a patch function which works well but I need it to also send a simple email to a team member to notify him when the information has been patched to a sharepoint list.  I copied the code from another patch function which I know works (I changed the code slightly to work in my new app) all is well but I keep getting this error - Invocation of unknown or unsupported function.

I have Office 365 - Outlook connected and I've refreshed it but still keep getting this error.

I am not the best at creating patch / email coding on powerapps so if you can explain in simple terms any solution I would be extremely grateful. The code is shown below if this helps:

'Office365.SendEmail(NotifyEmail.Text,"Long Distance Rota Job Issued","Long distance rota job has been added to the log for callsign: " & VehicleNo.Text & " The Job is going to: " & Dest.Text & " The date of the rota job is " & Text(JourneyDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy" ),{});'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I think the Connector name is Office365Outlook rather than Office365, so it's just a minor typo that preventing it from mailing from what I can see - so your formula should be:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(NotifyEmail.Text,"Long Distance Rota Job Issued","Long distance rota job has been added to the log for callsign: " & VehicleNo.Text & " The Job is going to: " & Dest.Text & " The date of the rota job is " & Text(JourneyDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy" ),{})

Cheers!

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I think the Connector name is Office365Outlook rather than Office365, so it's just a minor typo that preventing it from mailing from what I can see - so your formula should be:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(NotifyEmail.Text,"Long Distance Rota Job Issued","Long distance rota job has been added to the log for callsign: " & VehicleNo.Text & " The Job is going to: " & Dest.Text & " The date of the rota job is " & Text(JourneyDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy" ),{})

Cheers!

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Spot on - works perfectly now.  Thankyou

You're welcome! Happy that I could help 😺

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,185)