Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Invoice calculations

Hi 

Can anyone help me sales calculations for example 

Date          Sku         Description       txtQty      txtRate        txtAmount

4/13/20     RB123     Coke 1.5 L                       $1.50         $6

SharePoint List

txtQty -  number field 
txtRate  -  Currency 
field
txtAmount  -  Currency field

Thanks 

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ramole ,

Have you tried my solution?
1)connect your app with product list and  SalesTable list

2)set product combo box:

Choices(SalesTable.'Product/Service')

3)set the descrption textinput's default:

LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,description)

//you need to get desrption value from product list, so you need to filter productlist, not saleslist.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

If you want to Patch, this is the documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

Therefore you do something like:

If it a form:

Patch( SalesTable, Defaults( SalesTable),

{QuantityColumn: Value(txtQty.Text),

AmountCoulumn: Value(txtAmount.Text,

DescriptionColumn: DescColumn.Text})

If its a Collection:

ForAll(CollectioName, Patch(

SalesTable,

Defaults(SalesTable),

{QuantityColumn: Value(txtQty.Text),

AmountCoulumn: Value(txtAmount.Text,

DescriptionColumn: DescColumn.Text})

On the Multiselection , Allow multi selection as below:

AllowMuitlselect.JPG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solu...

Hi @Ramole ,

Q1:Do you want to save the description that you filter based on product to the description field(lookup type) in Salestable list?

If so, could you tell me whether do you want to use a form to update or patch function to update?

If you use a form to update, please set description datacard's Update:

{Id:LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,ID),
 Value:LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,description)
}

If you use patch to update, please use formula like this to update:

Patch(SalesTable,Defaults(SalesTable),
{Product/Service':ComboBox1.Selected,
description:
            {Id:LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,ID),
              Value:LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,description)
             }
}
)

//please replace with your column names.

Q2:

Do you want to display two columns in primary text, search for multiple field in combo box for product?

If so, since the product field and sku field is lookup field, they can not be directly display together in a combo box.

Try this:

set the combo box's Items:

AddColumns(SalesTable,"Product/Servicevalue",'Product/Service'.Value,"Product/Service:SKUvalue",'Product/Service:SKU'.Value)

set the combo box's layout to double, choose "Product/Servicevalue" and "Product/Service:SKUvalue" as primary text.

set the combo box's searchfield to :

["Product/Servicevalue","Product/Service:SKUvalue"]

Just like this:

417.PNG

//please notice that you can only get product and sku existing value in salestable list in this situation.

However, if you set the combo box's Items like this, the description textinput's default will need to be changed too.

Try this:

LookUp(Productlist ,'Product/Service'=ComboBox1.Selected.Product/Servicevalue,description)

Also, the formula about updating needs to be changed too.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

12 REPLIES 12
eka24
Super User
Super User

Use:

txtRate.Text *txtQty.Text

OR

Value(txtRate.Text) *Value(txtQty.Text)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 

sorry i forget to ask Product is Lookup field and description is on the product list same, how can i make it when i select product the description to come auto please, see the screenshot.

Date         Product         Description       txtQty      txtRate        txtAmount

4/13/20     RB123            Coke 1.5 L                       $1.50         $6

sku.png

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

Try the formula below in the Description textbox if you want autopopulate description:
LookUp(YourTableName,Product=ProductTextBoxText,Descripton)

If the product is a dropdown:

LookUp(YourTableName,Product=ProductDropdown.SelectedValue,Descripton)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 

I dont know what wrong i ma doing but is not populating description from the comboBox to txtDescription

LookUp(SalesTable,'Product/Service'.Value=ComboBox1.Selected.Value,'Product/Service:Purchase Description'.Value)

combox.png

And combo-box i am using this code on items property 

combox2.png

Thank you

Hi @Ramole ,

Do you mean that?

1) product field is text type in  product list

2)description is text type in  product list

3)product field is look up type in SalesTable(look up to product field in product list)

If so, please set txtDescription's Text:

//description is a field in product list, you need to filter based on product list

Best regards,

Please which of your column names are choices in your sharepoint list

Is this 'Product/Service:Purchase Description' two columns or one

------------

Hi @eka24 

here is my SharePoint List columns 

colimn.png 

Thank you

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Yes to filter so when i select product combo, the descriptions to auto populate on textbox 

Thanks

Thank you

Hi @Ramole ,

Have you tried my solution?
1)connect your app with product list and  SalesTable list

2)set product combo box:

Choices(SalesTable.'Product/Service')

3)set the descrption textinput's default:

//you need to get desrption value from product list, so you need to filter productlist, not saleslist.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,292)