cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
padminisravya
Helper I
Helper I

Invoking power automate from powerapps. Getting error message as Respond to PowerApps failed due to flow is taking more than 2 mins to complete

Invoking power automate from powerapps. Getting error message as Respond to PowerApps failed due to flow is taking more than 2 mins to complete

Error message

"The execution of template action 'Respond_to_a_PowerApp_or_flow_4' is failed: the client application timed out waiting for a response from service. This means that workflow took longer to respond than the alloted timeout value. The connection maintained between the client application and service will be closed and client application will get an HTTP status code 504 Gateway Timeout."

Any solutions for this? 

Thanks In Advance,
Padmini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@padminisravya 

You must make sure it is less than  180 seconds (three minutes). In case of error handling, you can return an error. You can try split it up into smaller steps, return from one, pass it into the other from the Canvas App, etc. We believe this is only way we are aware of for now.

In the case that someone else on this forum knows other way, please feel free to correct us if we are wrong and/or chime in.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@padminisravya 

You must make sure it is less than  180 seconds (three minutes). In case of error handling, you can return an error. You can try split it up into smaller steps, return from one, pass it into the other from the Canvas App, etc. We believe this is only way we are aware of for now.

In the case that someone else on this forum knows other way, please feel free to correct us if we are wrong and/or chime in.

Reimi
Community Support
Community Support

That is the limitation of Power Apps.

you can find it here: System requirements, limits, and configuration values for canvas apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Reimi_0-1608641313686.png

You need to split the flow into multiple flows which have smaller steps.

Please be aware that you can execute many actions in PowreApps instead of flow.

The total duration for a failed flow in my case was 4s. I get that message from time to time on a particular flow but don't know why.

steve_hendy_0-1637056225211.png

shalem120kjh
Helper I
Helper I

I also got this error message for a flow with total duration of 27 seconds. So this can't be the solution to this error.

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

My flow ran in 2s and I got this error!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,974)