cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Dynamics 365 part of PowerApps

We have O365 E3 plan.  When we add the PowerApps app to a users profile Dynamics 365 automatically appears.  My question is this:  Is a stripped down version of Dynamics 365 automatically included with PowerApps?  We don't want to pay for Dynamics365 as we don't really have a use for it, we just wanted to use PowerApps.  I wanted to remove it from the apps list, but that is not an option.  Please advise how they are connected and my options.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeteMc
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerApps, Dynamics 365, Flow and PowerBI are all part of the Power platform. 

With your Office E3 licence you only get access to PowerApp (Canvas) and Flow.

Side note: If you had Office 365 E5 you would also get PowerBI

If you were to get a PowerApps Plan 2 licence you would get access to build a Model Driven power app that is built on CDS which is the same back end as Dynamics 365. Also with a single PowerApps plan 2 licence as the developer and PowerApps Plan 1 as the users you can leverage the power of CDS (Dynamics 365) database for use in a canvas app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PeteMc
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerApps, Dynamics 365, Flow and PowerBI are all part of the Power platform. 

With your Office E3 licence you only get access to PowerApp (Canvas) and Flow.

Side note: If you had Office 365 E5 you would also get PowerBI

If you were to get a PowerApps Plan 2 licence you would get access to build a Model Driven power app that is built on CDS which is the same back end as Dynamics 365. Also with a single PowerApps plan 2 licence as the developer and PowerApps Plan 1 as the users you can leverage the power of CDS (Dynamics 365) database for use in a canvas app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoot - it appeared in my list - so I tried it.  UGH....Now they're going to bill us for it.  Dang!

Thank you for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,246)