cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is Power Apps the right platform for a project

I have been asked to create a web-based form for regular entry of data, with provision for default values from previous values. Does Power Apps have the capability to create such a form?

The form will be used by athletes to enter information for values such as training times and hours of sleep. There will also be a series of qualitative values such as fatigue level and sleep quality. These will be on a seven-point Likert scale. The client would like these qualitative values to default to the previous day's value. I have worked with Excel and other Office apps but I am new to Power Apps so I hope someone can suggest if this would be a good platform to create this form. The client has Office for Business and is using SharePoint.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Is Power Apps the right platform for a project

Hi @bikerbill ,

Now that you got an idea would you mine mark my reply as a solution for your question so that the new members of the community will make use of it.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @bikerbill,

You can absolutely do this in PowerApps. Implement this with SharePoint / CDS as a backend data source for better performance.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bikerbill ,

All the feathers that you want are supported in powerapps.

Since powerapps is a low-code development platform, so I think this is suitable for your issue.

About how to design this app, here's my advice:

1)create a sharepoint list with the fields that you need: fatigue level , sleep quality

2)connect your app with this sharepoint list

3)in your app, insert an edit form to create new form

set the edit form's DefaultMode: 

FormMode.Edit

set the edit form's Item:

Last(listname)
//please replace with your list name

insert a submit button, set its OnSelect:

Patch(listname,Defaults(listname),Form1.Updates)
//use data in the edit form to create new record

Then, the edit form will display as last record value by default, you could modify it. If you submit the form, you will create a new record.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks Krishna, I will give it a try.

Bill

Highlighted

Thanks Pheobe, this will give me a good start.

Bill

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @bikerbill ,

Now that you got an idea would you mine mark my reply as a solution for your question so that the new members of the community will make use of it.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,751)