cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DobbelsThomas

Is PowerApps the right place for a logbook?

Hello,

I've been practicing with PowerApps today. I want to use PowerApps to create a logbook for my drone.
I encountered some issues working with PowerApps but i guess i still need to learn much.
Before i start practicing with PowerApps, do you guys think PowerApps is the right thing for a logbook?
Since it's not that easy to work with PowerApps i would like to ask it in advance.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DobbelsThomas 

It's not a problem to run an app on a smartphone.

Here are 2 videos to get your started:
PowerApp with Excel Datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1H-d2xx80
PowerApps with SharePoint Datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnYe_7fpZRM

Best approach is to watch these videos and then post new questions on the forum for each issue you encounter.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@DobbelsThomas 

Yes, its a perfectly fine place to create a logbook for your drone.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve.  But here are the advantages

1) I doubt you are in front of your computer when logging your drone's activity.  Power Apps will provide a convenient way to use a mobile phone for data input.

2) You can choose an appropriate backend data source.  From something as easy as Excel, through SharePoint, to a full blown database like SQL or CDS.

3) There are sample apps you can use as examples of how it might work or to learn specific techniques.

I do think that Power Apps is a good choice for this kind of Project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your answer mdevaney.

Can you recommend me something to make it? Watch a lot of tutorials?
I watched the template applications but it seems like i can't edit them. 
Thanks.

Well, the most of the time i'll log the drone via my smartphone.
But i don't think that's a problem for PowerApps?

@DobbelsThomas 

It's not a problem to run an app on a smartphone.

Here are 2 videos to get your started:
PowerApp with Excel Datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1H-d2xx80
PowerApps with SharePoint Datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnYe_7fpZRM

Best approach is to watch these videos and then post new questions on the forum for each issue you encounter.

---

View solution in original post

Hi Mdevaney,

If i use the excel datasource link you provided and i follow every step, my powerapp is blank for some reason.
So he doesn't display any text. Do you know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,342)