cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rho1967
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible if I set the switch to inactive that the text of ingredients changes in edit screen (datacards)?

Is it possible if I set the switch to inactive that the text of ingredients changes in edit screen (datacards)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rho1967 Yea, that's b'coz of circular reference. Do this then,

In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, yourTextIngredientsInput.Text & ", " & "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@rho1967 In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

Thanks.

Works perfectly if all text has to be overwritten. But if I want to supplement the text that is entered with other text?

@rho1967 Then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to Self.Text & ", " & varIngredients

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

thanks.
I tried this but got an error message. (see picture)

@rho1967 Yea, that's b'coz of circular reference. Do this then,

In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, yourTextIngredientsInput.Text & ", " & "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

View solution in original post

Hi, I now have the line below. This works perfectly.

If(DataCardValue9.Value = false,Set(varIngredientenActive, "XXX-, " & ThisItem.Ingredienten ),Set(varIngredientenActive, ThisItem.Ingredienten))

Now when I set the switch to inactive it shows XXX-, in front of it. This works perfectly. When I call up the ingredient again it does indeed say XXX-, in front of it. Now it would be all right if I put the switch back to Active that the XXX-, before it disappears. How can I do this?

I hope you can still help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,550)