cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rho1967
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible if I set the switch to inactive that the text of ingredients changes in edit screen (datacards)?

Is it possible if I set the switch to inactive that the text of ingredients changes in edit screen (datacards)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rho1967 Yea, that's b'coz of circular reference. Do this then,

In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, yourTextIngredientsInput.Text & ", " & "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@rho1967 In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

Thanks.

Works perfectly if all text has to be overwritten. But if I want to supplement the text that is entered with other text?

@rho1967 Then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to Self.Text & ", " & varIngredients

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

thanks.
I tried this but got an error message. (see picture)

@rho1967 Yea, that's b'coz of circular reference. Do this then,

In the OnCheck of the Toggle control set a variable, Set(varIngredients, yourTextIngredientsInput.Text & ", " & "whatever ingredients") and then set the Default property of the ingredients TextImput to varIngredients.

Hi, I now have the line below. This works perfectly.

If(DataCardValue9.Value = false,Set(varIngredientenActive, "XXX-, " & ThisItem.Ingredienten ),Set(varIngredientenActive, ThisItem.Ingredienten))

Now when I set the switch to inactive it shows XXX-, in front of it. This works perfectly. When I call up the ingredient again it does indeed say XXX-, in front of it. Now it would be all right if I put the switch back to Active that the XXX-, before it disappears. How can I do this?

I hope you can still help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,605)