cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to build a multi user lieu time tracker with power apps?

Hey Everyone 

Trying to find out if there is a easier way for this to be completed.

Currently run a share point where individuals would fill in the selected fields for earning or using lieu time.

This would then get exported to a excel spread sheet which will update only when I open the excel spreadsheet. 

In the excel spreadsheet, I have many calculations to calculate the totals of different individuals lieu time. 

(Page 1 is where all the inputs get submitted) (Page 2 is just a total to show what they earned/used and total remaining time)

Essentially I tried to build a app earlier but kept getting stuck in many spots. Biggest one was that once the information was sent in, it wouldn't update till I opened the excel spreadsheet which was located in the one drive. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has built a similar tracking tool or if it is even possible. 
Would it be best to use a share point? Excel spreadsheet ? Flows? combination of all the above? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to build a multi user lieu time tracker with power apps?

Honestly your best bet is to import the data into CDS and use a Model-driven app. I've built a time tracker in both canvas and Model-driven and the experience is much better in Model-driven.

Highlighted

I guess the biggest question I would have is do I need to start over?

I would like the power app to ask the same questions that the techs would fill out when they fill out the current tracker (Sharepoint list )

This List then updates a excel spreadsheet when I open up the spreadsheet called lieu time tracker. It runs a script that updates all new responses which then calculates the totals of techs on a different page. I'll try to include some pictures if that helps

Excel lieu tracker.PNGLieu time Sharepoint.PNGsharepoint info in spreadsheet.PNG

Highlighted

Essentially I would like the power app to ask the same questions that the sharepoint has 

Collaborate all the information then display the totals for everyone to see. Is that possible ?

If so, would Entities be the correct option?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Create an Entity in CDS called Time Tracking (or something like that) then just add the fields that exist in the SharePoint list. Once your fields are in, select Forms and edit the main form for the entity to have the fields you want, displayed how you want them. 

Once this is set up, if you create a model-Driven app, you just add your custom entity to the site map and launch the application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,179)