cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to build such application with powerapps?

Hi all,

I'm trying to build an app to decrease my effort with downloading documents...

I have plenty of documents that I need to download from a server manually which is pissed me off every time.

I made a sketch with cars as an example. As I see it now it is basically e-shop application but with pdf documents.

Is it possible to build such an app in powerapps? And is it possible to create a flow that it will send all documets instead of downloading them? 

1 pic. I have a tree of different equipment and very often I need to download different documents for a few of them. 

Untitled.png

2 pic. The main screen where I select a car and can go further to the next screen to select documents to download.

Capture.PNG

3 pic. I select documents.

1212.PNG

4 pic. Then I go to a total screen and press to download all documents as an archive. And I want to add here the possibility to add documents for another car to a total package of documents. 

2313.PNG

Br

Dude_chill

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Is it possible to build such application with powerapps?

Hi @dude_chill ,

I will suggest a different approach as we handle thousands of files (documents and images) monthly in SharePoint libraries and manage/view most of them in various PowerApps facilities.

Assuming you are talking about a SharePoint Library in your facility, I would suggest the following:

1. Sync the library locally - it will appear the same as any other OneDrive sync (the fields are actually in OneDrive with a link in SharePoint to open them). You can then file and manage them directly in a Windows folder and sync back any changes ot additions. One thing with this - folders are better created in SharePoint and synced back.
  2. Put the folder names in the metadata of the Library, then you can query and filter categories etc in PowerApps galleries and even view Thumbnails of images, Word and PDF (and a few other) documents and open them directly in SharePoint.

On point 2, if you have done SharePoint Designer Workflows (or want to learn - they are easy), I have the process below to automatically populate the first two levels of folders (you could easily expand this to more) to metadata field names. Happy to elaborate further if required.

WorkflowFolders.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

hi @WarrenBelz 

thanks for this. I will try to check it. 

But I was thinking to use SharePoint to give access to other people so they don't need to download the library. 

br

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dude_chill ,

We manage thousands of documents and photos from a mixture of SharePoint (filtered and grouped views), OneDrive synced data and editable galleries in PowerApps. The sync data makes it so easy to file, retrieve and edit documents and a lot of users have gravitated to this as their only method. The Workflow is not that difficult to set up and allows the PowerApps metadata management.

Happy to comment/assist further as you take your journey.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,729)