cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Stewart
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is it possible to check in a power app, if a cloud flow is running

I have a Power App that starts a Cloud Flow, that works great.
But I want to check if the Cloud Flow is already running. If it is then give a message that it is already running.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mark_Stewart ,'

You can return a value to Power Apps if the Flow is successful - is this what you are meaning?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mark_Stewart ,'

You can return a value to Power Apps if the Flow is successful - is this what you are meaning?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

That and to see if it is running, so I don't start it again.

@Mark_Stewart ,

You can see if it ran (finished), not if it is running

Ok, how do I do that? see if it is finished 🙂

@Mark_Stewart ,

As per my previous post, you can return a value to Power Apps 

Simply return true and set the variable to this - test the Variable and if set, the Flow has run (remember to set it false before you run the Flow).

Mark_Stewart
Advocate I
Advocate I

Will this work, if two different people run the same Power app at the same time, will not the variable be unique for each user?

@Mark_Stewart ,

Yes, the Variable is unique to each user's Power Apps session.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,022)