cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NigelP
Level 8

Is it possible to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps ?

Hi

I am trying to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps and I am finding very little information on this very fundamental requirment.

Have I missed something ?

If I use flow I have to authorise in order to use REST so that is probably not a runner for a flow which will be used by circa 100 people.

So I looking for a very simple way to create folders in a Document library.

I dont want any non-Microsoft (paid) ways of doing it 

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is it possible to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps ?

Hi @NigelP,

So far in the documentation of SharePoint connector, you could see that there are no such available parameters to create folders. There are ones to create item/create file/copy file. If you want to use PowerApps to create folders in SharePoint libraries, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is it possible to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps ?

Hi @NigelP,

So far in the documentation of SharePoint connector, you could see that there are no such available parameters to create folders. There are ones to create item/create file/copy file. If you want to use PowerApps to create folders in SharePoint libraries, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

NigelP
Level 8

Hi Mona

REST to the rescue !

I can create folders using flow by calling REST from the Flow.

REgards

Nigel

bh3
Level: Powered On

Hi Nigel can you explain how to call REST from a flow in powerapps to create a folder in a document library? I'm relatively new to powerapps and have been looking around but am still unsure how to create a folder using powerapps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,014)