cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Is it possible to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps ?

Hi

I am trying to create a folder within a document library using PowerApps and I am finding very little information on this very fundamental requirment.

Have I missed something ?

If I use flow I have to authorise in order to use REST so that is probably not a runner for a flow which will be used by circa 100 people.

So I looking for a very simple way to create folders in a Document library.

I dont want any non-Microsoft (paid) ways of doing it 

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NigelP,

So far in the documentation of SharePoint connector, you could see that there are no such available parameters to create folders. There are ones to create item/create file/copy file. If you want to use PowerApps to create folders in SharePoint libraries, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NigelP,

So far in the documentation of SharePoint connector, you could see that there are no such available parameters to create folders. There are ones to create item/create file/copy file. If you want to use PowerApps to create folders in SharePoint libraries, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Mona

REST to the rescue !

I can create folders using flow by calling REST from the Flow.

REgards

Nigel

Frequent Visitor

Hi Nigel can you explain how to call REST from a flow in powerapps to create a folder in a document library? I'm relatively new to powerapps and have been looking around but am still unsure how to create a folder using powerapps. 

Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

It is possible and very easy actually.

You need to use Flow. This flow will create a file and folder both NewFolder doesn't exist so far but once this flow runs successfully NewFolder will be created in Documents.

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,533)