cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knsrinath
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible to create single App instead of 4 Apps.

Hi 

I have created 4 Apps as follows

1st App - creating Ticket (More than 5 users)

2nd App - Assigning Ticket (1 User)

3rd App - Task completion (More than 5 Users)

4th App - closing Ticket (1 User)

Is it possible to create single App instead of 4 Apps.

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You would have multiple screens in your app.   Different screens for the different functions.   How I have handled this situation is to have a Welcome screen and a button for each different function.

I have a backend access control list.   For example:   In one of my Apps I have a list of developers on 2 different teams.    I identify those who are managers with a Yes/No column called IsManager.

In the app that they access, Managers can see all the buttons on the welcome screen and non-managers can only see 2 buttons.   Those buttons control what they can access.   On AppStart I set a variable called Manager to true by looking up to the Access control list and seeing if the person is listed as a manager or not.

You can use either the User() function or the Office365Users connector to compare to your access list.  In your access list, you would need to use a unique identifier that is also available in the User() function and the Office365Users connector.   I have found that email is the best option.

You can set a variable like this:  Set(varManager, LookUp(AccessList, Title = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().Mail).IsManager) IsManager can be replaced with whatever field you are using to define the role the user has.

Once your variable is set you can use it in the Visible or DisplayMode properties of your buttons or other navigation elements you are using in the app that allow users to navigate between screens.

Like this:

If your variable is true/false

Visible: varRole

DisplayMode:  If( varRole, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

If your variable is not true/false

Visible:  If(varRole = "RoleValue", true, false)

DisplayMode:  If( varRole = "RoleValue", DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

I hope this helps

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Sure you can.   You can put it all in a single app and control who can access the various screens by controlling the visibility or displaymode of buttons and navigation elements.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

Thanks for your quick response.

I am new to Power Apps

Can you please explain little bit more for better understanding.

Thanks & Regards

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You would have multiple screens in your app.   Different screens for the different functions.   How I have handled this situation is to have a Welcome screen and a button for each different function.

I have a backend access control list.   For example:   In one of my Apps I have a list of developers on 2 different teams.    I identify those who are managers with a Yes/No column called IsManager.

In the app that they access, Managers can see all the buttons on the welcome screen and non-managers can only see 2 buttons.   Those buttons control what they can access.   On AppStart I set a variable called Manager to true by looking up to the Access control list and seeing if the person is listed as a manager or not.

You can use either the User() function or the Office365Users connector to compare to your access list.  In your access list, you would need to use a unique identifier that is also available in the User() function and the Office365Users connector.   I have found that email is the best option.

You can set a variable like this:  Set(varManager, LookUp(AccessList, Title = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().Mail).IsManager) IsManager can be replaced with whatever field you are using to define the role the user has.

Once your variable is set you can use it in the Visible or DisplayMode properties of your buttons or other navigation elements you are using in the app that allow users to navigate between screens.

Like this:

If your variable is true/false

Visible: varRole

DisplayMode:  If( varRole, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

If your variable is not true/false

Visible:  If(varRole = "RoleValue", true, false)

DisplayMode:  If( varRole = "RoleValue", DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,408)