cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderManyuk
Level: Power Up

Is it possible to create this App with power Apps?

I am trying to create an App, where user could make an appointmeet for a certain time and date.

The problem is, how to make it impossible for other personts to make an appointment on the time, that has already been taken by another person  

To tell the truth I have never made apps in powerApps, but I would like to make this app.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to create this App with power Apps?

@AlexanderManyuk 

Yes this is completely possible with PowerApps.

Keep in mind that PowerApps is intended to be Apps for your Organization - these are not Apps that anyone can load and use (i.e. not public apps like in the store).  I only mention it because it seemed to me like you had a hint of that in your question.

What you ask for will involve allowing users to select their dates and times as you need and then, checking to validate it is not taken prior to "booking".  You'll need to choose a data source and a structure for your data, then embark on your journey to build the App.

Post back if you get stuck.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
AlexanderManyuk

But i would like to give a link to "booking" from site. So a person enters the site and make a booking. It is possible? 

It if is possible, what should I read or watch to start solving this issue

I understand how to make a survey via powerApps, but booking is not a simple "form" to enter information

Super User
Super User

@AlexanderManyuk 

If you are considering putting a link to the App on a public site so that anyone can use the App, then No...each user will need a PowerApps license in order to use it.  Not to mention, that each user will need to have access to any datasource that is used in your App.

If you are doing this for your organization where all of the users have licenses and access to the data, then yes, it will be just fine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
AlexanderManyuk

Thanks for answers! So, I learned that it is impossible to make a link to my form (like google forms) and to accomplish booking via powerApps. 

Super User
Super User

@AlexanderManyuk 

For public external users - yes you are correct.

For internal licensed users, no.

You might also look at Microsoft Forms if you want something public facing.   Nice thing with that is you can then tie to Flow and PowerApps with the Microsoft Forms connector.

AlexanderManyuk

@RandyHayes 

But is it possible, to make booking via forms + flow + powerapps?

Super User
Super User

@AlexanderManyuk 

I suppose it would be possible depending on what you're trying to do and how.

You might also want to look at Microsoft Bookings as an already completed application that you could put on a public site.  If you're on Office 365 Business license, then that application is already available to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,296)