cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to display data cards' borders or otherwise configure how data cards are visually presented the form's default mode is FormMode.View?

Hello, 

We have noticed that when the form's default mode is FormMode.View, then the data cards lose their borders (screenshots below).

Is there a way to keep the borders when we have FormMode.View?  Perhaps someone would have other tips on how to make the form look "better" when its default mode is set to FormMode.View? Would appreciate any advice!

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Drrickryp , 

Thank you for the reply! Noted. 

Do I understand correctly that the fact that data cards will not show a border when the form mode is View is something that is configured by the system? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You could put a rectangle inside the card, set the Height and Width to 

DataCard2.Width and DataCard2.Height, the border thickness to 1 and the fill to transparent. It will frame that card regardless of the form mode but make sure to send it to the back or it will block entries when the form is in New or Edit modes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Drrickryp , 

Thank you for the reply! Noted. 

Do I understand correctly that the fact that data cards will not show a border when the form mode is View is something that is configured by the system? 

View solution in original post

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous you can change the border by removing the card's default RGBA(0, 18, 107, 1) and change it to the color you want no matter the mode of the form.

below one form's border is the default blue and another green, edit mode

rubin_boer_0-1614542080644.png

View mode

rubin_boer_1-1614542109295.png

Hope it helps

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I believe that is correct.  It does not appear to be a working option even if you set the card's border thickness.  I also tried with a Display form and it doesn't work there either.  

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

The border of the control inside the card can be shown but I wasn't able to show the border of the card itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @rubin_boer ,

thanks! What setting did you change? for me the default border color is set to = 

If(IsBlank(Parent.Error), Parent.BorderColor, Color.Red)
image.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp , could you please advice which property should be changed to show the border of the control inside the card?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I was assuming that you wanted to show the border of the card containing the control.  The two screenshots show the same form.  In the form, I added a rectangle to the card as I described.  I colored the rectangle green and filled the first 3 cards with it.  In the Company name field I used @rubin_boer 's method to add a red colored border to the card. In view mode, it doesn't do anything.  The second screenshot shows the same form in edit mode.  In this mode, the company name is outlined in red. 

_2.png Form in View modeForm in View mode

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I just discovered something interesting with a display form.  After unlocking the card, I could add a red border rectangle with a transparent fill inside the card.  I did that with each card. However, if I tried to modify the control inside the card by changing its border size and color, it didn't work.  After unlocking the card,  I hid the control inside the card and inserted a new Label control into the card.  I made it's text property Parent.Default and now I was able to modify the border of the label that I put inside as shown in the top card of the screenshot.  The same method worked for the Edit form.  If you hide the native control and replace it with the same control, set the new control's default to Parent.Default, then you can modify the border properties by changing the thickness and color and it will hold those properties even when the form mode changes to View!  In the screenshot, I used my previous form but put a new control in alongside the old one in the state card.  The new control is on the left side in the state card and the old one is on the right.   I put the form in view mode and voila!  the new control has a border while the old one on the right side of the card doesn't.

_3.png_1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,917)