Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfebvre
Advocate V
Advocate V

Is it possible to display more than two fields in a combo box

Hi all,

As stated in the title, is it possible to display more than two fields in a combo box?

It appears not to be possible, I've tried manually editing the 'DisplayFields' property and adding a third Sharepoint Column but this does nothing.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 102301.jpg

I know there is one workaround, which is to use and AddColumns() Function in the items property, then Concatenate two or more columns, then select that new combined column in the 'Fields) property of the combo box - however this seems to cause a Delegation problem. (PowerApps does not display the usual warning, however my filtered choices in the ComboBox are incomplete so I assume this is what is happening).

Doe sanyone know of a different method that does not create a delegation problem?

Cheers in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cfebvre ,

Not as separate items, but you could use AddColumns() to your query and concatenate the extra columns, then display the new field.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cfebvre ,

Not as separate items, but you could use AddColumns() to your query and concatenate the extra columns, then display the new field.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks @WarrenBelz ,

Yeah, I'm aware of that workaround and have tested it out, as original post, but it appears to create a delegation issue when I then filter that new concatenated column. (no warning triangle, or blue underscore, but the list of choices is incomplete).

It's as I suspected, don't think it can be done - at least not for the use I need it for.

I'll mark you as an accepted solution though so people searching for this can find it - might be of use to others.

For me, I think rather than combo box, I might try a 'pop out' gallery instead, and users can select a required item from that gallery, then I'll get it to do the hocus pocus I need it to on Select.

Thanks @cfebvre ,

I actually use galleries that for this purpose quite often - you can make the user experience similar to a combo box with a lot more flexibility.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,134)