Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to exceed the 2000 DataRowLimit

Hi,

I am making an app that allows the users to search and filter the contacts in the database (excel file connected through dropbox), the app is supposed to have around 5000-6000 contacts when finished.

I think i have found a workaround the 2000 data row limit, however i am not the best coder and don't know how to implement the function.

My idea: you make 2 tables,

• Table1: will have 3 column labeled 1, 2, 3. each column will have 2000 rows filled in with the format
    "Company-FirstName-LastName" .
  • Table 2: will have about 30 columns containing more information about the client (Address, Phone number, ...)

Is it possible to make a gallery from Table1 that allows you to search for Company, FirstName or LastName in all 3 columns at the same time. Then when a button is pressed is it possible to use the selected data from Table1 to open al the details about the same contact from Table2

I am quite new to powerapps so i am not sure how to code this. I think using the split function you can lookup the contact in question in Table2.

Does anyone understand what i am trying to do and can also help me with it.

Kind regards, Reindert Hoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Is it possible to exceed the 2000 DataRowLimit

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to search items and display the detailed information about the selected item?

Could you tell me the connection between table1 and table2?

I’ve made a similar test as follows, you could refer this:

I assume that: table2 has fields named Company, fisrstname, secondname.

1、Screen1

Set the Gallery’s Data Source: Table1

Set the Gallery’s Items: If(IsBlank(TextInput2), table1,Search(table1,TextInput2.Text,"Company","firstname","secondname"))

Set the Gallery’s arrow icon’s OnSelect: Navigate(Screen2,None)

2、Screen2

Set the Display Form’s Data Source: Table2

Set the Display Form’s Items:

LookUp(Table2,
First(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-")).Result in Table2.Company&&
Last(FirstN(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-"),2)).Result in Table2.'first name'&&
Last(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-")).Result in Table2.'second name'
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to search items and display the detailed information about the selected item?

Could you tell me the connection between table1 and table2?

I’ve made a similar test as follows, you could refer this:

I assume that: table2 has fields named Company, fisrstname, secondname.

1、Screen1

Set the Gallery’s Data Source: Table1

Set the Gallery’s Items: If(IsBlank(TextInput2), table1,Search(table1,TextInput2.Text,"Company","firstname","secondname"))

Set the Gallery’s arrow icon’s OnSelect: Navigate(Screen2,None)

2、Screen2

Set the Display Form’s Data Source: Table2

Set the Display Form’s Items:

LookUp(Table2,
First(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-")).Result in Table2.Company&&
Last(FirstN(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-"),2)).Result in Table2.'first name'&&
Last(Split(Gallery13.Selected.'Company-FirstName-LastName',"-")).Result in Table2.'second name'
)

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for posting in the community @Anonymous  can you review the above reply and advise if it was helpful?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,776)