cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Is it possible to flip between Portrait layout and Landscape Layout in the same App?

We are trying to integrate a couple of Apps, one of which has to be in portrait layout, while the other has to be in landscape layout.

Is is possible to do this within one App?

I have looked here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

It seems to say it is :  If the user resizes the browser window (or rotates the device if you've turned off Lock orientation), the values of these properties change dynamically. The formulas in the screen's Width and Height properties are reevaluated when these values change.

I want to keep the orientation locked, but use a Portrait orientation for some screens & a Landscape orientation for others.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @stapes ,

No, you cannot change the canvas size or orientation dynamically.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz This might not be an issue if the Barcode Scanner worked, but we are instead being forced to use separate barcode scanners, which require the portrait orientation. My Warehouse maps are in landscape. I am going to experiment with the Launch and Param functions to see if I can switch between apps. The only objection to this solution is that we have to pay 2 licenses to run 2 apps.

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Barcode scanner device.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,320)