cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to have data filled out via power apps drop to an sql table?

Im builidng an app for a school district that will allow certain faculty to mark certain students as chronically absent and then whether or not they are still enrolled or if they have left the district. Following filling out the app I want the info to be stored in a table on sql. Student ID blank with address blank moves to a table for students who are found to no longer be attending school in this district while studentID blank is still attending they return to the table of all students which is where im pulling the data from to begin with. Please let me know what you guys think.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to have data filled out via power apps drop to an sql table?

Absolutely.  You can store data in SQL, Sharepoint, Excel - just about anything.  The simplest way is to use an edit form which manages much of the update process for you when you execute a SubmitForm.  Or you can control the writes to your data source yourself using the Patch function.  Either way, it can write your data to the data store of your choice.  

There are a number of videos on connecting apps to data sources.  There are only minor differences between the different varieties.  Here's a very basic video on connecting to SQL Server:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaEVsh4byQ.

I recommend any videos by Shane Young, but in particular:
PowerApps Forms - Introduction to data sources, data cards and layout

PowerApps with a Sharepoint List - even though this is Sharepoint, the concepts are the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,079)