cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slan2018 Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to have label visibility be based on another label's value?

Hopefully an easy question. I have "Label8" which either displays a 0 or a 1 based on the value of a data card. Is it possible to have another label that will only show when Label8 = "1". I tried some If statements and it did not work. My conditional label is called Label5 and I have tried this with no success: Visible= If(label8 = "1",true,false)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Is it possible to have label visibility be based on another label's value?

Hi @slan2018 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(label8.Text = "1",true,false)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @slan2018 

In that case, you can modify the formula as:

If(Label8.Text = "New" && Or(Label6.Text = "1", Label2.Text = "0"),true,false)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @slan2018 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(label8.Text = "1",true,false)

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
slan2018 Helper II
Helper II

@yashag2255 a follow up question, please. How would I go about doing the same formula, but incorporating an or statement. For example

current formula is this :   If(Label8.Text = "New", If(Label6.Text = "1", If(Label2.Text = "0",true,false)))

Right now it's looking for all 3 values to be true, which is great for that purpose.

I'm trying to duplicate for an icon, but I want the red section to be true AND either of the 2 blue sections to be true. I believe this would require some sort of If Or statement but i'm unsure of the syntax for that! I have tried various formulas and i'm coming up blank. 

Any ideas?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @slan2018 

In that case, you can modify the formula as:

If(Label8.Text = "New" && Or(Label6.Text = "1", Label2.Text = "0"),true,false)

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We're launching a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Microsoft has created a regional government emergency response and monitoring solution that is built on Power Apps and Power BI.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,104)