cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to have label visibility be based on another label's value?

Hopefully an easy question. I have "Label8" which either displays a 0 or a 1 based on the value of a data card. Is it possible to have another label that will only show when Label8 = "1". I tried some If statements and it did not work. My conditional label is called Label5 and I have tried this with no success: Visible= If(label8 = "1",true,false)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @slan2018 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(label8.Text = "1",true,false)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hey @slan2018 

In that case, you can modify the formula as:

If(Label8.Text = "New" && Or(Label6.Text = "1", Label2.Text = "0"),true,false)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @slan2018 

Can you try to update your expression as:

If(label8.Text = "1",true,false)

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

@yashag2255 a follow up question, please. How would I go about doing the same formula, but incorporating an or statement. For example

current formula is this :   If(Label8.Text = "New", If(Label6.Text = "1", If(Label2.Text = "0",true,false)))

Right now it's looking for all 3 values to be true, which is great for that purpose.

I'm trying to duplicate for an icon, but I want the red section to be true AND either of the 2 blue sections to be true. I believe this would require some sort of If Or statement but i'm unsure of the syntax for that! I have tried various formulas and i'm coming up blank. 

Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hey @slan2018 

In that case, you can modify the formula as:

If(Label8.Text = "New" && Or(Label6.Text = "1", Label2.Text = "0"),true,false)

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,234)