cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexCretney
Level: Powered On

Re: Is it possible to limit the options available in a choice field based on a condition?

Hi Jeff,

I confirm the value is assigned. 

It seems this functionality simply doesn't work within an app rather than a form. Is there any other info i could provide that might help you troubleshoot or shall we consign this one to the "hopefully to be fixed later" pile? 😉

Kind regards

Alex

Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to limit the options available in a choice field based on a condition?

I have this working in a standalone app that is connected to SharePoint using the form control on a screen in PowerApps. I don't see why this won't work for you. Can you change the "=" in the if to "<>" and then see if that changes anything? I think the issue is with the condition statement of the IF(). If this change reduces your choices then we know for sure something isn't right with the condition statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
AlexCretney

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for my delayed response. It's going to be a week or two before i have access to a machine where i can test this. (Powerapps simply doesnt work on my personal laptop)

Meanwhile thanks very much for your solution to this problem on the Form. I'll just ask the guys to be careful when using the app in the meantime and will get back to you once i've had an opportunity to carry this further.

Kind regards
Alex
FacundoGorla
Level 8

Hi! sorry to bother but I'm doing something similar and this is really helpfull. Want to thank you for it.

And... do another question 😃 

Is there a way to show all the options but one? I know I can list all the ones I want avaible but if there's too much choices it would be easier to be able to select wich ones I don't want to show.

Thanks!

Highlighted
CindyZ

Just used this, @Jeff_Thorpe  and it worked great!  Thanks so much for your clear instruction!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,899)