cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to move an entire screen from one app to another?

I have one app that has been in use for quite a while now. I've been developing further functionality for that app in another app. Is it possible to move a screen (and all its pieces parts) from one app to another?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricLott
Level 10

Re: Is it possible to move an entire screen from one app to another?

You can use CTRL + A to select all the controls in an app form and CTRL + C to copy them. Then, use CTRL + V to paste them in the other blank app form. The formulas stay intact between the two apps. You may need to fix some references to controls in the new app as well as some formatting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

deleted

EricLott
Level 10

You can use CTRL + A to select all the controls in an app form and CTRL + C to copy them. Then, use CTRL + V to paste them in the other blank app form. The formulas stay intact between the two apps. You may need to fix some references to controls in the new app as well as some formatting.

View solution in original post

SeanTambling

I haven't used the component feature yet. Would i just copy gallery and each of the labels and buttons and then paste them into a new component?

Super User
Super User

@SeanTambling 

You should take the advice of @EricLott instead.  It appears you can copy + paste from one app to another.  I had no idea this was possible.  What a great question: I've learned something here!

SeanTambling

@EricLott wrote:

I tried that first thing. It doesn't work when trying to copy controls like a gallery or buttons from one app to another separate app. You can copy from one screen to another screen, but it has to be in the same app.

SeanTambling

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, it does work. Geeze, i tried it by selecting them and trying to copy and paste, but your way works. Thank you so much!!! Saved me tons of time!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,265)