cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgodby
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is it possible to open outlook on another page with a message set up and send email already set?

Hello. We are trying set up a feature in our app where a user can select a button in the app and it will open up outlook in a new window with a new message ready an with the "send" already set to a certain email.

I know I can use Launch() to open up outlook but is it possible to have it automatically have a new message ready and the send already filled with an email?

Just want to confirm if anyone has tried this and if it is even possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mgodby 

You can use this code 

Launch(
    "mailto:" & ComboBox1.Selected.Mail,
    {
        subject: TextInput1.Text,
        cc: ComboBox1.Selected.Mail,
        body: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText
    }
)

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mgodby 

You can use this code 

Launch(
    "mailto:" & ComboBox1.Selected.Mail,
    {
        subject: TextInput1.Text,
        cc: ComboBox1.Selected.Mail,
        body: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText
    }
)

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mgodby

We can use Power automate to send emails when some conditions are met. In this case, you have a more tracking system and are easy to maintain.

Thank you so much. This works very well. I notice it opens your default mail app when you launch, is there a way to do this in the browser to make it open outlook in the browser? Thank you.

@Mgodby 

Glad to help, I never tried that but I will check that.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,961)