cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Is it possible to "Hide" Existing Attachments so that users do not think they have have uploaded their attachment

Hi

I have a requirement to hide existing attachments in an Attachment Control.

The reason for this is that the UI person does not people to see existing attachments of a SharePoint List, and therefore think they have already uploaded a new attachment.

So an example of this is Board Meeting Minutes.  I do not want the Board Secretary to think they have already uploaded the current set of Board minutes, because they can see the previous set of Board Minutes already there.  The minutes are to be uploaded to a SharePoint List as an attachment.

Is there a way of doing this ?

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NigelP ,

If you set the ItemFill and the ItemColor of the Attachment control both to Transparent, you will not see existing items and will see the new one until you save (it will disappear then). If you leave the ItemHoverColor and ItemHoverFill with values, you can "mouse over" the list and see what is there.

HideAttach.gif

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NigelP ,

If you set the ItemFill and the ItemColor of the Attachment control both to Transparent, you will not see existing items and will see the new one until you save (it will disappear then). If you leave the ItemHoverColor and ItemHoverFill with values, you can "mouse over" the list and see what is there.

HideAttach.gif

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

good solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,356)