cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to send data from one powerapp to another powerapp ?

I tried to post this earlier but I don't think it went through. 

I have 2 powerapps my company uses where the data source is the same for both and resides in sharepoint. The purpose of the first powerapp is to display all of the dispensing machines we have at a customer location along with the minor details of the machine. The second powerapp is used to order parts for the machines. While the user is in the first app and identifies the machine they need to order parts for, I want the user to be able to click a shopping cart button which will then direct them to the second powerapp, to a specific screen (which I've gotten this far) and also filter the gallery based on a value taken from the first app. 

In my first app on the shopping cart button I have this formula on the onselect property:

Launch("https://apps.powerapps.com/play/011ea70c-33ee-42a3-9b4c-759f7262f9d1?tenantId=3c2f8435-994c-4552-8fe8-2aec2d0822e4&DeepLink=Dispensing ")

On the start of the second app I have this formula which directs the user to the proper screen:

If(
Param("DeepLink") = "Dispensing",
Navigate(DispensingMachine))

What I can't figure out is how to pass data from the first to the second and then filter the gallery based on that data. For example the first app pulls it's data from a sharepoint list. When a user selects a specific dispensing machine we have an asset number tied to that machine listed in the SP list as a datacardvalue. That asset number could then be used to filter the second app gallery (which uses the same SP List) to only show the parts we carry for that particular machine. Is this at all possible?

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Sounds like you are looking for something like the new Launch to self function, which allows you to repolace one app with another app and pass parameters to the second app. Currently only works in browser

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/formulas-launch-to-self-and-self-operator/

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,011)