cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Is there a TIME PICKER?

After 2 days googling and searching at this forum I am still lost.

I have a datepicker that I use for filtering my results. The results' datasource is the Case entity at the CDS. Right now that field is of the type "Date" and NOT "DateTime".

My questions is, I really want it to have a time specified per each case so our support workers can filter their upcoing case byt BOTH date and time. Please help me how to insert this function on the EDIT CASE screen and together with the datepicker in the filter screen.

Thank you

Best regards
Goog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Currently PowerApps doesn't have a time picker (or a date and time picker) - feel free to vote for some of the current feature requests in the PowerApps Ideas board for that to increase the priority for the team.

For now, you can use a pair of dropdown controls (Hour and Minute) to let the users specify the time. They will have their Items property defined as such:

DropdownHour.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"22","23"]
DropdownMinute.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"58","59"]

If you don't want that granularity for minutes, you can also have only certain values, such as ["00", "05", "10", ..., "50", "55"]. If you want to create a Time value from those controls, you can use the expression

Time(
    Value(DropdownHour.Selected.Value),
    Value(DropdownMinute.Selected.Value),
    0)

Or if you have a date picker and you want to create a date/time value (which you then can use to compare against date/time columns):

DatePickerDate1.SelectedDate +
Time(
    0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Currently PowerApps doesn't have a time picker (or a date and time picker) - feel free to vote for some of the current feature requests in the PowerApps Ideas board for that to increase the priority for the team.

For now, you can use a pair of dropdown controls (Hour and Minute) to let the users specify the time. They will have their Items property defined as such:

DropdownHour.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"22","23"]
DropdownMinute.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"58","59"]

If you don't want that granularity for minutes, you can also have only certain values, such as ["00", "05", "10", ..., "50", "55"]. If you want to create a Time value from those controls, you can use the expression

Time(
    0)

Or if you have a date picker and you want to create a date/time value (which you then can use to compare against date/time columns):

DatePickerDate1.SelectedDate +
Time(
    0)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is nice, but can you create a time picker with AM/PM on a 12 hour basis.  Example "1:23 PM"?

Highlighted

You could add a toggle that would allow users to pick between AM/PM

Highlighted

@gog
I have written an article on how to make a time picker in Power Apps with step-by-step instructions.  If you want to build the time picker shown in the image below please click on the link to my article.

Link to article:

https://matthewdevaney.com/make-a-time-picker-in-power-apps/

powerapps-timepicker-0.gif

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,188)