cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snacham
Helper II
Helper II

Is there a way I can see all the controls in Power apps form irrespective of the rules ?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hi,

Whenever, I add some rules to Powerapps forms to hide the controls they will be hidden. 

Is there a way i can see all the controls irrespective of the rules on the form?(Tried press and holding alt key)

Thanks,

Sadhana

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If you look on the left side the control will always be listed in the tree view. You can click on it and interact with it even though it is hidden. 

Some people will add code for "debugging" that they can toggle to make everything visible but, that can be a lot of effort. So I just use the tree view to get to the hidden pieces. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Yeah, there is, but as Shane said, it's a bit convoluted...

What I do is have anything with admin/hidden requirements set to:

Visible = DevHidden

and on your App's OnStart you have it set all of those to hidden:

Set(DevHidden, false)

Then on a separate screen I have my Dev controls, with a toggle to simulate admin users and a toggle to set management users and any other specific requirements.

For admin/hidden fields I have a toggle that sets:

OnCheck = Set(DevHidden, true)

OnUnCheck = Set(DevHidden, false)

This way you are able to instantly turn on/off the visibility of these items.

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you look on the left side the control will always be listed in the tree view. You can click on it and interact with it even though it is hidden. 

Some people will add code for "debugging" that they can toggle to make everything visible but, that can be a lot of effort. So I just use the tree view to get to the hidden pieces. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the controls listed on the left side. But Is there a way the controls should appear on the form. If the form is so big, every time its not possible to go through the controls to see which are hidden.

Yeah, there is, but as Shane said, it's a bit convoluted...

What I do is have anything with admin/hidden requirements set to:

Visible = DevHidden

and on your App's OnStart you have it set all of those to hidden:

Set(DevHidden, false)

Then on a separate screen I have my Dev controls, with a toggle to simulate admin users and a toggle to set management users and any other specific requirements.

For admin/hidden fields I have a toggle that sets:

OnCheck = Set(DevHidden, true)

OnUnCheck = Set(DevHidden, false)

This way you are able to instantly turn on/off the visibility of these items.

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Thanks for the clear explanation. I will try to implement in my app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,519)