cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsteiner3

Is there a way to connect to an Azure SQL table without using a premium connection?

Is there a way to connect to an Azure SQL table without using a premium connection?

I've seen mixed reports about whether or not connecting to Azure SQL is included with Microsoft O365 E3/5 license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unless its an app created prior to the licensing change in October, 2019 there is no way to use Azure SQL that does not require a Premium connector.  SQL became a premium connector on October 1, 2019.  Users with existing apps where grandfathered in to keep using SQL for 5 years until October 1, 2024.  But all new apps using SQL are Premium.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unless its an app created prior to the licensing change in October, 2019 there is no way to use Azure SQL that does not require a Premium connector.  SQL became a premium connector on October 1, 2019.  Users with existing apps where grandfathered in to keep using SQL for 5 years until October 1, 2024.  But all new apps using SQL are Premium.

cmsteiner3

@Pstork1 , thank you for the confirmation!

Are you aware of any "nifty" workarounds to transform SQL tables into a data source that is a standard connection (i.e. Excel)?

I don't know that I would call it nifty. There is no easy way to do it that I am aware of, but you could use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to migrate the data to SharePoint.

Export Data from SQL Server to SharePoint through SSIS (cdata.com) 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,723)