cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

Is there a way to control and design the no access page?

I'm creating a PowerApp that will have some restricted data on it so it can't be open to all. The users/security groups I add in the security settings will be able to access it but there will be new users that won't have access and be blocked. On a regular website, they would land on a page that states they're not authorized and links them to the steps to gain access. Is this somehow possible with PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Unless you mean these people can't even open the app at all, not just controlled app side, in which case no I don't think you can edit microsofts default messages for if you do not have access to the app itself

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

just place an overlay on your startpage that looks how you want it and do a check on your determining criteria as its visible value

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Unless you mean these people can't even open the app at all, not just controlled app side, in which case no I don't think you can edit microsofts default messages for if you do not have access to the app itself

Yeah, that's what I mean. They wouldn't even be able to open the app itself because they're not part of the security groups allowed access to it. My only other idea is to create a completely open PowerApp that has the steps to gain access and a link to the secure one. If you click the link and get denied, you know where to find info on how to get authorized. Kind of silly to have to create two separate apps but oh well.

Without giving away any information you don't want to, what are the steps they would need to go through to request access?

I'm not exactly sure (have to ask the PM on the project) but my guess is certain trainings and requests for joining specific security groups. All things that would just be linked out and done in other internal company environments. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,981)