cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammy
Level: Powered On

Is there a way to get two Galleries of data to pull through into one Gallery?

Initially I was trying to get a Gallery to pull from two different SharePoint lists to display the information but as I am struggling to do this, I am wondering if it is easier to pull them through as seperate galleries on my app and then create a third gallery which pulls the information from the other two?

Can anyone advise what the best way to do this is?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there a way to get two Galleries of data to pull through into one Gallery?

For me in these scenarios I use Collect.

Collect(CombinedLists, SharePointList1)

Collect(CombinedLists, SharePointList2) 

Someone else showed a way of just doing it real time

Items = [SharePointList1, SharePointList2]

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Sammy

Re: Is there a way to get two Galleries of data to pull through into one Gallery?

Hi @Shanescows

Thanks for your response. Sorry you've lost me a little bit with this. My two data sources are Site Pages_1 and Site Pages_2.

I have got the two galleries to seperately bring through the data for these and that works fine. And now I am unsure of what to put in my properites for the third galleries which I essentially want as a hybrid of the two lists.

Can you help?

Super User
Super User

You don't need Gallery1 and 2. You can delete them.

For Items in Gallery3 use

[SitePages1, SitePages2] 

That should get you all of the items in one gallery. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Sammy

This isn't working unfortunately. I suspect it has something to do with it being different SharePoint lists within different sites. The column names are all the same but it doesn't seem to be matching up perfectly and throwing out errors

Super User
Super User

Post some screenshots. Being different sites doesn't matter. 🙂 

Sammy

Thank you. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. The bottom gallery is the one I need to try and get working but as you can see it is pulling through errors.

PowerApps.png

Sammy

Hi @Shanescows

I have managed to figure out why there were errors but that then leads me onto my next question, how do I get it to pull the data from both lists? For example they both have a column named "Title" but it won't let me use ThisItem.Title and pull the data from both lists.

This screenshot is better at explaining what I need. I essentially want the data displayed in the top two galleries to all just be shown in one gallery where I can use my filters etc.

PowerApps.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,415)