cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnLJ
Helper III
Helper III

Is there a way to have a person see the Powerapp but not the shared excel file on onedrive

I have an excel file in my one drive that I am using as my data source. I want to share the app with the organization but I dont want them to see the Excel file. I tried just sharing the app but no one can see anything in the app unless I share with them the excel file as well. Is there a way I can have everyone see and use the app but not have to share the excel file? 

Or 

if I have to share the excel file no matter what, is there a way I can make it so they cant see the excel file. When I Share something it automacally sends an email sharing the file. The only way I can think of is to add a password to the excel file, but I dont know if there is a better way?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShawnLJ,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved so far. You have to share the excel file to the user so that they could access the data in this app. I cannot think anyway that could achieve your requirement. And in OneDrive, if you want to share the file with others, there will always be a link so that they could open the Excel.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If the information is in a SharePoint list does that list have to be shared the same way as the excel file? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,208)