cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgodby
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is there a way to return meeting rooms that at least have 1 hour available for meetings for a certain day?

Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to return meeting rooms that at least have 1 hour available for meetings in a certain day.

This is the code I have attempting this but I'm not sure if it is correct. This is not the complete code, I have other that allows me to ge the meeting room name and email.  

Screenshot 2020-12-16 111728.png

The start is Dec. 16 at 12 am and the end is Dec. 17 at 12 am. The meeting duration is 60 for 60 minutes. The rest I just kept as is since I got most of this code from the meeting room template app. 

The code does seem to work since it returns the meeting rooms and they do have time available. But I just want to confirm I'm using this function correctly. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby ,

According to your description, let me answer your confusion.

Firstly, If your meeting time lasts 60 minutes, except Saturday and Sunday, your formula will return meeting rooms every day.

Secondly, the Start field and End field of the FindMeetingTimes() function receive UTC time. But the time of the date picker control is local time.

So, the formula will automatically convert the start time and end time you enter into UTC time.

The "Meeting Time Suggestions" returned by the formula is based on the UTC time from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.

You could refer to this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Augmenter-la-dur%C3%A9e-d-une-r%C3%A9union/m...

If you have more questions, please tell me and I will be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby ,

According to your description, let me answer your confusion.

Firstly, If your meeting time lasts 60 minutes, except Saturday and Sunday, your formula will return meeting rooms every day.

Secondly, the Start field and End field of the FindMeetingTimes() function receive UTC time. But the time of the date picker control is local time.

So, the formula will automatically convert the start time and end time you enter into UTC time.

The "Meeting Time Suggestions" returned by the formula is based on the UTC time from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.

You could refer to this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Augmenter-la-dur%C3%A9e-d-une-r%C3%A9union/m...

If you have more questions, please tell me and I will be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby  ,

Could you tell me:
Has the problem been solved?
Is there anything else I can help?

Best Regards,
Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,763)