cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidhartha75
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Is there a way to use View from SQL Azure Database??

Hi Friends,

Can anybody please help in consumjng views in PowerApps??

My data source is Azure SQL Datatabse. I have two tables Aseets and Sites. Below are its attribute details

Assets: AssetID(PK), SiteID(FK from Site), Value  -- Transaction Table

Site: SiteID(PK), SiteName  -- Master Table

I would like to create one view using joining above two tables to show SiteName instead of SiteID while building app using Assets Table.

View will be

Create View tst.vAseetAttributes

AS

SELECT aa.[AssetID],aa.[SiteID],s.[SiteName],aa.[Value]

FROM [Assets] aa

INNER JOIN [Site] s

ON aa.[SiteID] = s.[SiteID]

Please help me and provide me some ideas how to use this above view and do DML operation with changing SiteID in Assets table while changing Assets name.

Please let me know if any question.

3 REPLIES 3
carlosag
Power Apps
Power Apps

Currently it is not possible to use Views directly, however by building a Custom API you could expose that functionality through a function that you can use from PowerApps. We know this is an important scenario and will be enabling that in future releases.

@carlosag wrote:
We know this is an important scenario and will be enabling that in future releases.

Hi carlosag... Do you have an estimate of when this might happen? It's a pretty cripling loss to not have views. I'm not sure how you're supposed to create a powerapp based on Azure SQL without them. I would think this would have been a top priority from the day powerapps was released.

Hi , I agree that views are crucial.  Is there an API sample that shows how to do this? I assume you would need to create a RESTful api that accepts parameters and returns a data table via SQL Azure? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (60,945)