Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoYo1982
Helper I
Helper I

Is there an alternative for the tooltip feature

Hi all,
I want to pop up a message, if I hover over an icon. Unfortunately the tooltip feature has a character limitation so that will not work for me.
Does anybody has an idea?

I´ve already implemented that a label only shows up, if I click on the icon, but I would prefer just to hover over it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@YoYo1982 

I was able to put most of Lincoln's Gettysburg address into a tooltip.  It looks like there is a limit of 1006 characters.  1.jpg

Shane Young has a video out about ToolTips and he suggests using an icon to show the tooltip and pressing it  opens a discussion popup for more details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJk7LxgocA 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@YoYo1982 

I was able to put most of Lincoln's Gettysburg address into a tooltip.  It looks like there is a limit of 1006 characters.  1.jpg

Shane Young has a video out about ToolTips and he suggests using an icon to show the tooltip and pressing it  opens a discussion popup for more details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJk7LxgocA 

View solution in original post

YoYo1982
Helper I
Helper I

@Drrickryp 

My text is beyond 1000 characters but Shane Young helps again, so thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,967)