cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Super User
Super User

Is there any possible way to market your PowerApp?

Is there any practical way to market a powerapp?  The way this is structured, I would see no way to do it.  I would love to develop something, then be able to sell it.  I just dont see any way its possible.  

4 REPLIES 4
PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Only if you work for a consultancy firm, and the app is sold as an off-the-shelf product with long term support (feature releases etc). I doubt it would work as a freelancer if I'm honest!

martinav
Super User
Super User

Yea, that would be the only way.  Every implementation would be a one-off.  Very expensive support.  Its my estimation at that level, people will end up purchasing a product that is written in a more conventional way.  I'm thinking of ERP/MRP systems for manufacturing companies.  Plus, if you end up getting hit by a bus, there is no other firm that would be able to pickup where you left off.  Seems like a high risk notion from the customer point of view.

PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Exactly that! It works the same way in pro dev - you can freelance all you want, but the likelihood of being able to build something and sell it off as a 'ready' product are low because there'll always be a requirement for long term maintenance and support, and as a one-man party you wouldn't be able to accommodate that (at least I don't think so). And like you said - there's always a risk of being hit by a bus!

jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

As of today, only Model-Driven apps or apps for Teams. Also, you can enroll for the developer program: Developer Program | Microsoft 365 Dev Center.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,854)