cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doo22ya
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any way to save the final ‘decision’ documentation and print it? - Survey

Hello, 

Is there any way to save the final ‘decision’ documentation and print it after survey? 

I am going to build a survey(assessment) but the result should be saved and printed as a final result with the participant's name and ID.  But creating survey is not my problem but  I don't know how to do the final result saved and printed as a document with peoples' name and ID. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In one of my applications that needed a hardcopy, I put an HTMLText control in the app (with the visible set to false).  I put a button in the app that launches a power automate flow that converts the html text to a .html file, then converts that to a .pdf file.   No additional cost for anything and it was pretty easy to do.  Concept Flow.PNG

This is the OnSelect code for the button that launches the flow: ProjectConcept.Run(Concatenate(varEditConcept.Title,".html"),HtmlTextConceptSummary.HtmlText)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Can you share some screenshots of the app and provide more information?

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

Hello, 

Thank you for your comment. 

This is a yes or no question and people get the result. It is a kind of assessment. 

But the result should be saved and printed. PDF file is the best since we need to save all the result individually. 

I've attached a file. 

doo22ya_0-1659725662687.png

Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Well, you can use Power Automate to build the pdf from a Word template. But this connector is paid.
To save the answers, you can use a simple list in SharePoint with all the fields you have in the survey. In Power Apps, use the ForAll+Patch function to insert only the survey result into the list.
When printing to pdf, make a filter on the SharePoint list, for example:
If you are the user:

Filter(SharePointList, Title in User().FullName Or User().Email)

If it's an admin:
The respondent's name can be selected from a drop-down list, for example. From there:

Filter(SharePointList, Title in DropDown.selected.value)

Both results return a table that can be passed to Power Automate via JSON function.

There are certainly several ways to do what you need, but I have very little information to help you in the right way.

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

Hello, 

If I don't have permission to use the SharePoint, is there anything as alternative?  

In one of my applications that needed a hardcopy, I put an HTMLText control in the app (with the visible set to false).  I put a button in the app that launches a power automate flow that converts the html text to a .html file, then converts that to a .pdf file.   No additional cost for anything and it was pretty easy to do.  Concept Flow.PNG

This is the OnSelect code for the button that launches the flow: ProjectConcept.Run(Concatenate(varEditConcept.Title,".html"),HtmlTextConceptSummary.HtmlText)

Thank you so much. I will try it next week and keep you posted. Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,918)