cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doo22ya
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any way to save the final ‘decision’ documentation and print it? - Survey

Hello, 

Is there any way to save the final ‘decision’ documentation and print it after survey? 

I am going to build a survey(assessment) but the result should be saved and printed as a final result with the participant's name and ID.  But creating survey is not my problem but  I don't know how to do the final result saved and printed as a document with peoples' name and ID. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In one of my applications that needed a hardcopy, I put an HTMLText control in the app (with the visible set to false).  I put a button in the app that launches a power automate flow that converts the html text to a .html file, then converts that to a .pdf file.   No additional cost for anything and it was pretty easy to do.  Concept Flow.PNG

This is the OnSelect code for the button that launches the flow: ProjectConcept.Run(Concatenate(varEditConcept.Title,".html"),HtmlTextConceptSummary.HtmlText)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Can you share some screenshots of the app and provide more information?

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

Hello, 

Thank you for your comment. 

This is a yes or no question and people get the result. It is a kind of assessment. 

But the result should be saved and printed. PDF file is the best since we need to save all the result individually. 

I've attached a file. 

doo22ya_0-1659725662687.png

Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Well, you can use Power Automate to build the pdf from a Word template. But this connector is paid.
To save the answers, you can use a simple list in SharePoint with all the fields you have in the survey. In Power Apps, use the ForAll+Patch function to insert only the survey result into the list.
When printing to pdf, make a filter on the SharePoint list, for example:
If you are the user:

Filter(SharePointList, Title in User().FullName Or User().Email)

If it's an admin:
The respondent's name can be selected from a drop-down list, for example. From there:

Filter(SharePointList, Title in DropDown.selected.value)

Both results return a table that can be passed to Power Automate via JSON function.

There are certainly several ways to do what you need, but I have very little information to help you in the right way.

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

Hello, 

If I don't have permission to use the SharePoint, is there anything as alternative?  

In one of my applications that needed a hardcopy, I put an HTMLText control in the app (with the visible set to false).  I put a button in the app that launches a power automate flow that converts the html text to a .html file, then converts that to a .pdf file.   No additional cost for anything and it was pretty easy to do.  Concept Flow.PNG

This is the OnSelect code for the button that launches the flow: ProjectConcept.Run(Concatenate(varEditConcept.Title,".html"),HtmlTextConceptSummary.HtmlText)

Thank you so much. I will try it next week and keep you posted. Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,112)