Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MadaraLux
Level: Powered On

Is there one solution for web and mobile application

Hello!

I`m a beginner in Power Apps. I have a question about web and mobile version applications:

1. The first question about the web application. Is the design responsive also for mobile devices?
  2. The second question about the mobile application. Do I need to make another version or there is some kind of "convertor" where from my web solution make a mobile application.
  3. And another question about the web application. Do I need an Office 365 and SharePoint to feel free to start building my first web application?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there one solution for web and mobile application

Hi!

Firstly, welcome! In terms of your questions:

1. The design is not automatically responsive as you would think from responsive web apps, however there are plans to make responsive design in future roll-outs. Responsive design is possible, however it requires manually creating that responsive element on each object. One of our forum members has created a Responsive Design Template and shared it within the Community...

What I will say about the responsive side, is that if you design a horizontal (16:9) Power App, and open it on the Power Apps Android/iOS App, it will rotate it to best fit, so that it uses the most amount of screen space. This leads me to my next point:

2. The App will run regardless of platform - if the device has a browser, it can run from it by anyone who is licensed to open it within your organisation. For your mobile devices, you can download the Power Apps App (android), or Power Apps App (iOS) which will run any solutions created within your tenant that you create or have been shared with you.

3. Yes, you need an Office365 license that includes Power Apps, however, you can use lots of different data sources, such as Excel / SharePoint / CDS / SQL / ??

Hope this has been, helpful, feel free to ask any other questions you may have 😺

Thanks!

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Firstly, welcome! In terms of your questions:

1. The design is not automatically responsive as you would think from responsive web apps, however there are plans to make responsive design in future roll-outs. Responsive design is possible, however it requires manually creating that responsive element on each object. One of our forum members has created a Responsive Design Template and shared it within the Community...

What I will say about the responsive side, is that if you design a horizontal (16:9) Power App, and open it on the Power Apps Android/iOS App, it will rotate it to best fit, so that it uses the most amount of screen space. This leads me to my next point:

2. The App will run regardless of platform - if the device has a browser, it can run from it by anyone who is licensed to open it within your organisation. For your mobile devices, you can download the Power Apps App (android), or Power Apps App (iOS) which will run any solutions created within your tenant that you create or have been shared with you.

3. Yes, you need an Office365 license that includes Power Apps, however, you can use lots of different data sources, such as Excel / SharePoint / CDS / SQL / ??

Hope this has been, helpful, feel free to ask any other questions you may have 😺

Thanks!

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

MadaraLux
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the answers! Also, thanks for responsive design templates.

Super User
Super User

You're welcome, feel free to shout if you get stuck with anything,

Cheers,

ManCat

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,812)