cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadaraLux
Regular Visitor

Is there one solution for web and mobile application

Hello!

I`m a beginner in Power Apps. I have a question about web and mobile version applications:

1. The first question about the web application. Is the design responsive also for mobile devices?
  2. The second question about the mobile application. Do I need to make another version or there is some kind of "convertor" where from my web solution make a mobile application.
  3. And another question about the web application. Do I need an Office 365 and SharePoint to feel free to start building my first web application?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi!

Firstly, welcome! In terms of your questions:

1. The design is not automatically responsive as you would think from responsive web apps, however there are plans to make responsive design in future roll-outs. Responsive design is possible, however it requires manually creating that responsive element on each object. One of our forum members has created a Responsive Design Template and shared it within the Community...

What I will say about the responsive side, is that if you design a horizontal (16:9) Power App, and open it on the Power Apps Android/iOS App, it will rotate it to best fit, so that it uses the most amount of screen space. This leads me to my next point:

2. The App will run regardless of platform - if the device has a browser, it can run from it by anyone who is licensed to open it within your organisation. For your mobile devices, you can download the Power Apps App (android), or Power Apps App (iOS) which will run any solutions created within your tenant that you create or have been shared with you.

3. Yes, you need an Office365 license that includes Power Apps, however, you can use lots of different data sources, such as Excel / SharePoint / CDS / SQL / ??

Hope this has been, helpful, feel free to ask any other questions you may have 😺

Thanks!

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi!

Firstly, welcome! In terms of your questions:

1. The design is not automatically responsive as you would think from responsive web apps, however there are plans to make responsive design in future roll-outs. Responsive design is possible, however it requires manually creating that responsive element on each object. One of our forum members has created a Responsive Design Template and shared it within the Community...

What I will say about the responsive side, is that if you design a horizontal (16:9) Power App, and open it on the Power Apps Android/iOS App, it will rotate it to best fit, so that it uses the most amount of screen space. This leads me to my next point:

2. The App will run regardless of platform - if the device has a browser, it can run from it by anyone who is licensed to open it within your organisation. For your mobile devices, you can download the Power Apps App (android), or Power Apps App (iOS) which will run any solutions created within your tenant that you create or have been shared with you.

3. Yes, you need an Office365 license that includes Power Apps, however, you can use lots of different data sources, such as Excel / SharePoint / CDS / SQL / ??

Hope this has been, helpful, feel free to ask any other questions you may have 😺

Thanks!

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Thanks for the answers! Also, thanks for responsive design templates.

You're welcome, feel free to shout if you get stuck with anything,

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,670)