cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJGreyling
Helper III
Helper III

Is this even possible?

I am fairly new to power apps and would like to do something but I am not even sure how to do this.

I am using a gallery like below. What I'd like to do is when the user select the arrow on the right, they will then be requested to supply information (possibly in a text input on a next screen???). This user supplied information must then be patched to a SharePoint list that corresponds to the user's selection - in this case LOOKUP Lorem ipsum 1 in the SharePoint list and add the user input in the designated column. 

How do I do this?

MJGreyling_0-1631203493089.png

6 REPLIES 6
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

I did not understand your question... But, you can select the item on the gallery and then navigate to another screen with a text input, and yes, you can use a patch to submit them to a SP list

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

So the question is really: How do I navigate to another screen, get the user input and patch the information to a sharepoint list with just one button?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@MJGreyling 

It sounds pretty standard to navigate to an edit form screen, capture the user input and submit the form to SharePoint.  In fact, you can start with a sharepoint list and use the create app to have PowerApps make a 3 screen app that will do everything you are requesting and more.  

!1.png

On OnSelect property of the arrow, write: Navigate( NEWSCREEN)

Then, on the new screen add the form, add the data source and set the item to be the Gallery.Selected

Then, have a buttonwith:

SubmitForm(Form1); Back()

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

SayaliKumbhar23
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Add Navigate('Your Screen Name') on OnSelect property of the icon. Add a new screen and add the edit form. Then add data source to that form. After that on Item property write Gallery.Selected 

pankaj_kulkarni
Regular Visitor

Hi @MJGreyling 

Firstly add 2 screens for this.

First Screen is for your gallery which you have used then on the icon you have to add Navigate( YOUR SCREEN NAME) on the OnSelect property.

Then take a new screen i.e Screen 2 and add FormViewer and then add DataSource to that and on the Item property write Gallery. Selected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,095)