cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

IsBlank() potential bug when pulling edit data into form

Hi All,

I have two identical galleries on one screen, upper and lower. The upper gallery represents "in-progress" tasks, and the lower gallery "completed". I am filtering the SharePoint List for today and whether or not an EndTime value is blank, using IsBlank() or !IsBlank().

SortByColumns(
    Filter(
        <dataset>,
        And(StartTime >= Today(), !IsBlank(EndTime)) // for lower, IsBlank(EndTime)for upper
    ),
    varSortBy,
    If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)
)

When I click the edit button in the lower gallery (completed) --  !IsBlank() -- the edit form populates the data correctly. However when click the edit form in the upper gallery (in-progress) -- IsBlank() -- the form is populated with data from another record in the SP List, seemingly the most recent record that was pulled into the edit form.

Additionally, if you only sort for StartTime alone (and remove the IsBlank()/!IsBlank code), the in-progress records populate the edit form correctly.

Has anyone been confronted with this issue or can also replicate it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Just figured it out. The Items section in my form was pointing to only the lower gallery. When I use a conditional in the Items section to toggle between the upper and lower galleries, it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Visitor

Just figured it out. The Items section in my form was pointing to only the lower gallery. When I use a conditional in the Items section to toggle between the upper and lower galleries, it works.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (79,321)