cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

IsSeachable option changes right back to false on itself on both ComboBox and Dropdown Menus

Hi Everyone,

Beginner here (I´m a Brazilian doctor, very limited skills in coding), learning a lot from the forum.

I tried to use searchable comboboxes and dropdowns whose options were from another entity´s field. I could see the options and pick accordingly, but when I submitted the form, everything else was saved except my comboboxes and dropdowns.

So created another dropdown field and refered the options to an option set within the field.

That worked as far as saving data is concerned. But now the options are not serchable. And when I click on the "Allow Search" option for the DataCardValue or manually change the "IsSearchable" option to true, it flips right back to false on itself. This happens for both combox and dropdown. And I checked the "Searchable" box when creating those fields.

One of these fields has 204 options (profession)... I really need search.

Thanks.

Kris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: IsSeachable option changes right back to false on itself on both ComboBox and Dropdown Menus

@Kris_Sarmento 

check out this previous solution by @yashag2255  to see if it can provide a solution. I believe the issue may be with the Update property of your DDs/Combos.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/IsSearchable-not-working-on-Filtere...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: IsSeachable option changes right back to false on itself on both ComboBox and Dropdown Menus

@Kris_Sarmento 

check out this previous solution by @yashag2255  to see if it can provide a solution. I believe the issue may be with the Update property of your DDs/Combos.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/IsSearchable-not-working-on-Filtere...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When I changed the Items source of the Dropdown box from Choices(Option Set) to a Collection (colJob), I could make the dropdown box searchable, but then the update property of the Data Card "updated" to an error (?!). It no longer accepts  the DataCardValue58.Selected.Value (the .Value bit is underlined in red).

I tried for hours to use a LookUp function there. Nothing worked. 

If anyone could spell out for me exactly what I should type in there I would appreciate.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

To give you the exact lookup formula, can you share your collection formula at the minimum?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
https://www.thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Kris_Sarmento  As well as @PowerAddict 's request could you also share a little about the data source you are using. Is it SharePoint and are you Patching back to a Choices column? If so, have you set this column to 'Allow Multiple Selections'?

To me, if the datacard update is erroring out and you also mentioned in your first post about values not getting updated to the data source, it seems like a data type mismatch.

Note: if you have set 'Allow Multiple Selection' in a SP column, then this may help with the datacard update code

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Updating-a-Choice-Column-on-a-Custo...

Could you also share a screenshot of the .Value error you are getting. Screenshots and code snippets can help the PA community help you faster 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,429)